View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 14:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/188/150 Female 5 feet 8.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

My ENTIRE family just about is diabetic. . . I have my father's tendencies and that's the side it's on . . I'm already epileptic and I dont need to be diabetic as well!! Anyway it's been five days for me and I thought i would DIE without bread (especiall tortillas! i live in San Antonio) for the first two days. . . today I don't even crave it! No kidding. . . . I'm really happy. . . I have only had to chomp on a couple of carborite bars to get rid of my sweet tooth but I only have that craving once or twice a day now whereas it used to be ALL day long!! I used to wake up and eat DONUTS followed by two 20 ounce cokes. . I'm surprised I didn't put on way more weight than I did! Anyway, even if I lose the weight slowly on this diet. . I LIKE it and I can STICK with it! I even converted my husband. . he's on his tough second day (sugar withdrawal BAD) but he'll get through it! I am a lifer for sure!

Oh and one other thing. . my doctor mentioned that because atkins is kind of like a very liberal "ketogenic" diet (the strict diet used to control SEVERE epilepsy) that I can come off of the meds that caused most of my weight gain possibly since my epilepsy is not severe (only four seizures in my lifetime but I'm on Depakote and that causes SEVERE weight gain sometimes. . .again I've been LUCKY). . . so here's hoping!