#11   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 160/160/160 Male 64 inches
BF:
Progress:

hi natrushka,
i am sorry. on this you are wrong. however, if you read the article to which you referred me, it does not negate what i am saying.

adding 9 kcal of energy to your body, does indeed give the body 9 kcal more of potential energy.

it is a different argument all together, if you want to argue as to what the body does with it. in his example, the other 4 grams went to building of a ketone, which now has 4 kcal of potential energy.

you can not go against the law of physics, no matter how much you want to rationalize. energy is transformed, but not disappeared. it has to go somewhere, either as heat, or as another nutrient. if you want to side with some low carb doctors, that is fine. i have einstein, and all the great physicists on my side.

i never said that everything ingested is used by the body for energy production. if we are eating properly, protein and essential fats are used mostly for anabolic purposes, while carbs and saturated fat are used mostly for the creation of energy, so that our bodies can perform our anabolic processes, and give us our mobility.

fortunately, there is one person here who does understand physics, and knows that energy can not be created, but rather transformed into other kinds of energy.