#12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 06:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/152/145
BF:
Progress: 80%

Check out the USA today article on the subject:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health...-analysis_x.htm
The atkinscenter reply is at the end of the article.
I read this article as I was well into my plan and it really made me think about doing atkins. I found I had to be aware of my calories to lose weight on atkins, and this was something I did not think you had to do.
In DANDR when Dr A goes over calories which he does in several chapters, he says that they do count, that this is an advantage over but not a replacement for the calories in-calories burned formula, and that by eating this way you will naturally be eating less than you did pre atkins or than you would on a low fat diet.
I am eating way fewer calories than I did pre atkins, I have never done a low fat diet so I have no comparison. I think we are all eating less than we did before doing atkins, thats nothing to be ashamed of.
I have yet to find a study that isnt flawed in some way. I have found that my weight loss is directly attributed to a reduction of calories, and increase in exercise. Low carbing has been a healthy way to have the energy to exercise, and to eat less and feel full. Thats why I am an atkins devotee!