View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-03, 04:44

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Are you taking in a lot of caffeine in diet soda? I was and had to cut them completely out. And, unfortunately, even though I am starting the 6th week of this WOE, I still have fatigue issues. But stress plays a BIG part (my Sheltie had a stroke and requires constant vet visits, nursing and attention) and I'm not going going to give this up. The all-day "wooly-headedness" is gone...and that was worse than the fatigue. If you have stress in your life that may be a big factor in the fatigue. And take a power nap if you need to...I do because we get up at 5:15 and H runs when he gets home from work so dinner doesn't go on the table until 6 p.m., and I still have the clean-up from dinner and his lunch to fix for the next day. I am usually not out of the kitchen until almost 8 and the more exhausted I am the far more likely I am to want to just chuck this all, and I get REALLY REALLY irritable!

We don't eat much hamburger but do eat a lot of chicken and pork. I found McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Chicken seasoning (in a spice bottle) really wakes up the taste buds. I make a salad with a plum tomato chopped up and spread throughout the salad and let it sit to help flavor the lettuce. And I quit using the iceberg lettuce and use romaine and baby spinach...and toss it all with mayo and lemon pepper as a dressing instead of bottled...we always have green beans, too. We have found the spices really help keep the food from being so bland. That's dinner.

I have an omelet with cheese and some baby spinach folded in for breakfast (boring but not as bad as plain eggs) and I cook extra chicken breasts to make chicken salad, or make tuna salad with a couple of chopped baby dill gerkins to get it crunch, and have it on a 1/2 c of salad greens for lunch. I keep baby gerkins and cubes of ham on hand, too, to fill it all out. I also keep sugar free jello to give me the "sweet" for after dinner so I feel the meal is complete. And the jello is the one real extravagance because I buy the boxes of the refrigerated pre-made cups so I don't pig out on a big bowl of jello. It has citric acid and may affect weight loss, but I haven't had that problem. You can put a T of whipped cream on it, but I don't keep wc in the house because I wouldn't quit at one or two Ts.

It took me three weeks to get the food issues taken care of (H & I are still on Induction) and now I have trouble even getting the 20 carbs a day in for myself. We eat very few eggs because I just don't care much for them. There have been many days I have eaten chicken salad for breakfast and fixed omelets filled with chopped ham (chicken), tomato (high in carbs but 1 plum spread between two people isn't much), cheese and salad greens for dinner. And we have been STUFFED... which isn't a good thing! I started off fixing about four eggs each and had to cut back to two because we just couldn't eat that much. Surprising how adding the ham or chicken, tomato, cheese and salad greens will fill up two eggs! And use spices, here, too.

Hope this helps...if you can get through the first couple of weeks you will be amazed at how your taste in food changes. H is able to resist the temptation of the cakes, donuts, pizza and other junk that floats through his office with no problem, and none of it appeals to me either (unless I am extremely tired at night, and then I could eat all the listed above at one time). Hang in there!