View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 22:38

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%

I had my first baby just before I turned 27. I started out at 110lbs and by the time I had my fourth baby at age 34 I was 130 lbs. Not too bad but my body fat was quite high.

I started low carbing and then a number of months later started lifting weights which I had never done before. I have been as low as 115 lbs with 22% BF but then went back up to 121 lbs with 19% BF.

The unfortunate thing is that for quite a few of us women, having babies seems to deposit a layer of fat over our abdomens and it is a devil to get rid of. I still have not lost that layer. I am very small and muscular in my upper body and also quite muscular in my legs. My abs are quite well-developed and strong (I took up belly dancing and that has helped considerably with strength and muscle tone. Also someone commented on my "six pack" athletic stomach at a BD recital ) however, I cannot seem to get rid of that layer of fat. Along with the stretch marks, it REALLY bothers me but most people tell me I look quite small.

I hope that that flabby layer will eventually disappear for your wife but as I have indicated, for some of us, it just does not want to go away. Well, not unless we want to starve ourselves but that doesn't make much sense to me.