View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 15:15
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Be careful if you are having cravings. Those SF chocoalte treats can effect some people just like the full sugar ones causeing an insulin surge and cravings.

If you are sick of just meat and eggs, why ar eyou eating so many, where are your veggies? I had a day the other day where I ate eggs, but the only meat I had was tuna. I ended up getting most of my protien from dairy type things, veggies, and I may of had some shake mix. Look up LC recipes and experiment. I've been having one dish caleld Sang Peer (?) Basicaly you sautee curry powder in butter, then throw in a ton of spinich. Sautee for a while longer, then add cottage cheese and maybe a bit of sour cream or a touch of cider vinigar. Cook until cheese is melted. It's got around 7g of protien depending and 7 carbs, most of which are fiber. Pared with mustard brushed salmon it's a great meal. Or make a little more and eat it on it's own.

Make large stir fries where there are a ton of veggies and only a little meat. Make chicken or steak fajitas and eat them like a stirfry with a fork. Experiment with things such as zucchini hash browns, zucchini used as baked apples, turnip french fries, cauliflower rice, and so on.

When you go on maintanance you find the amount of carbs you can have, such as 60g a day. Soem days you can have 40-50, and some days you can have 70 just balancing it out over the week (This is maintanance, not OWL). Dr Atkins states that an occasional high carb treat won't kill you, just watch portion control and have it with protien and a small amount of fat to moderate insulin reaction. If you go back to eating a ton of carbs and junk food, then yes you will gain the weight back. So would someone on weight watchers or any other eating plan.

With planning and juggling almost anything can be made low, or at least lower carb. If you can't do this forever, it's time to get alot more creative and start raising your carb allowace just a bit