View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 14:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello stooges & welcome. For a full discussion of Sugar Alcohols, click on Low Carb Tips in the orange bar above and there you'll find an article along with many other helpful things.

I am surprised that something with Splenda would also have sugar alcohols. However, I always count the sugar alcohols as carb grams. Then I KNOW why I don't lose for a while. And if I continue losing, then I am ahead of the game. And very lucky.

As for the repetition, visit our Recipe section for many Main Dish ideas as well as side dishes and desserts. There is no need to get bored with the food on Atkins or any LC plan. And it all tastes so good!

The longer you stay low carb without having sugars and starches, the more your body will return to "normal" as far as insulin resistance goes. Some people think that we each have One Golden Shot to get the weight off. That means that the longer you can stick with your plan, despite cravings and special occasions, the more success you will have.

In fact, the longer you stay on the LC way, the easier it gets. And the better you feel. It is a relief to get back to LC after giving in to temptation because you forget how bloated you felt when all the carb side effects also return. You'll be amazed.