View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 13:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/175/155 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Talking Encouragement needed

Help - only one week on Atkins and I'm getting discouraged. I started one week ago today and have lost 6 1/2 lbs. as of this morning. That's good for me. However, I keep getting these cravings for something sweet. I'm not hungry, but I'm getting sick of eating so much meat and so many eggs. I've actually been nauseous (sp?) the last few days when I've started to eat because I just feel like I'm eating the same thing over and over. I need encouragement from someone that's been doing this for a while and can tell me that this will get better. What happens when you lose your weight, go on maintenance, and decide to have something with a substantial amount of carbs? Does your body react with a rapid weight gain? I'm just feeling like I'm not sure if I can do this forever.

Also, I'm confused on sugar alcohols. I bought some sugar free Baskin Robbins candies that are made with Splenda. They have 15 grams of carbohydrates, which includes 15 grams of sugar alcohols. What does all this mean? Will I be able to eat one of these when I just have to have something sweet or do they count as 15 grams of carbs?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links