#5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-03, 07:10

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheWooo

I do not think i can possibly be eating too many calories. Still, i worry. The weight comes off so slow, and the inches rarely get smaller.
When it comes to stalling / plateaus its often usefull to keep in mind that if what you're doing right now isn't working, and in the past it has worked, than it's possible your body has adapted and gotten used to it. Very low carb and huge calories worked for me for a few months, higher carbs and more protein worked for another period of time (when very low carbs wasnt working) and then high carb and high protein with low fat worked like gang busters for a while as well. We can all agree that what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, but what we need to understand is that what works for us right now may not work for us later on. We change. Our bodies change, and so do their needs.

I'd hazard that you are definitely not getting too many calories - you're getting too few. Eating big meals is usually not the answer when you've been eating low calories for sustained period of time. Eating more frequent smaller meals is a much better option - less food, more often helps regulate blood sugar and it keeps your metabolism from crashing.

Also, if you really want to increase fat, use FAT and not protein with more fat in it. Add extra dressing to your salad, keep the steak size normal. Use extra mayo in tuna / chicken / egg salad. Use more butter on veggies. One tbs of fat as approx. 12-14g of fat, 120 calories, and it's a little itty bit of food.

As for what DANDR says and what board members say - having the book to refer to means you can verify what comes from the Doctor and what are personal tweaks by members. % of fat is important, but so are the calories - especially if you're eating below your basal metabolism.

-Nat