View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 22:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 277/223/180 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 56%

After receiving their first lackluster response, it became fairly clear to me that the person at the customer response person's level isn't empowered to say too much, and I don't think anybody in management would dare respond - though they claim the comments we send are recorded. I've had enough of their whitewashing and ducking, so I actually email blocked their entire domain so I wouldn't get too worked up dealing with another of their responses. But not until I sent that final salvo calling them on their evading the trans-fatty issue. Actually, that issue will catch up to them in the oncoming tide of even the feds slumbering into minimalist action on gearing up for emplacing trans-fatty acid counts on food labels.
If the corporate brass at McDonald's is as clueless or uncaring to add those bad elements into their food, it will take awhile for them to respond properly (if ever) to the public. Usually, soulless corporations don't budge for altruistic reasons, but rather, not until something impacts their profit line. That's why they're called "corporations" (etymology: a corpse without a soul). Onward to checking out the "nutrition" info of the other wanna-be premium salad fast food places of Wendy's, Jack in the Box, et al. Amazing how having a "healthy" salad from McDonald's can blow a person out of ketosis and contribute to getting cancer, yet the ingredients list explain how and why to those who know better.

And thanks to Lisa N for your encouragement.