View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-03, 04:58

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default Day 1 part 2

Connie - how did you make out after 6pm? Was the kitchen open or closed???? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the day ended on a happy note for you to report.

Like you, I'm wrestling with the exercise. We try to walk for an hour 3-4 times a week, but it seems to be hit and miss right now with the heat.

All you need is a little more practice on the bike before you feel more comfortable.

--------

99% clean. In an effort to get the peach crumble pie out of harm's way, I divided it into pieces and froze them. Unfortunately, I scooped up about 2 tablespoons of loose pieces from the bottom of the pie plate. that added about another 15-20 carbs on top of my legal 21 carbs.

Calories 1750
Protein 101
Fat 139
ECC 21 plus 15-20 for the crumble pieces
%fat 71

So what is it with me and illegal desserts lately??? I am not a sweets eater. I prefer salty snacks. I am not a dessert eater. We grew up in a household that NEVER had desserts. Even now when I entertain I have to leave a note on the fridge for myself to make some sort of dessert because it is not a habit. The odd bit of baking I do for hubby is considered "during the day and evening" snacks for him. I make pies only 2-3 times a year, usually a peach pie in the summer and a few apple pies in the fall.

Goal for Sunday - make a legal LC dessert. If I'm into a sweets phase I might as well deal with it in a more acceptable manner.

I tried a new water strategy today, because getting it all in has been hit and miss. In the morning I put 8 elastic bands on my right wrist. As I finished a 1/2 liter bottle of water, I moved a band to my left wrist. It was easy to see my progress and know when to pick up the speed a bit. By 1 pm I had only had 1 litre of water. By 9 pm another 1 1/2 was down. I've always done most of my water drinking after lunch.

For Saturday - we'll be visiting my sister and her hubby on their boat all day. I'm bringing an LC lunch (veggies and LC dip, tossed salad, seasoned chicken legs I baked last night, tons of water) Dottie is doing a "no wheat" thing. I'm bringing my extra copy of Protein Power to loan to her if she is interested. She has a ton of medicl problems including asthma, borderline lupus, suspected fibermyalgia? (this is new), lactose intolerance, so I'm reluctant to push any eating plan. She's an avid health researcher, so maybe some of the reasearch stuff in the book with enlighten her.

Where are the rest of you 40 + with 40 - folks????? Technically I don't fit into the category because my goal is to lose 45 pounds. But it was close enough for me to give it a try. This isn't just a T4G challenge. It just happens that Connie is on it and I'm switching to it.