#10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-03, 18:12
Registered Member

Plan: Redbook Magazine
Stats: 166/144/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 85%

Dear diemde,

I'm do the lower-carb thing and I feel much more "human" than when I was on a higher protein diet. I am losing weight and still, despite being a carb-lover, have no cravings to eat carbs (spaghetti was one of my favorites). I use Fitday to track also and my goals are to keep my carbohydrates under 150 and my protein above the pyramid dietary allowance of 75. Mostly I am trying to get away from too little fat and get a higher fat ratio (good fats and omega 3s) to get my HDLs up.

When I was on the higher protein diet, I became what I would call "intestinal retentive." I felt full and I was certainly not regular (unusual for me). My BMs have improved since adding some grain to my diet -- no white flour, of course. Oh, okay, that's too much information.

If I were diabetic I would certainly lower my carbs more than what I am doing now. At what point does one become insulin resistant? If they are not in "ketosis?" If you are insulin resistant, does that mean you are storing fat or mean you are diabetic? Please enlighten me, anyone.

Good luck on your diet and your goals for a healthy WOL.

God bless,

Jeanne48