View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 12:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/203/200 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

"Fruity cult"? Isn't that a bit abusive towards that gentle, veggie faith? Yours are violent and cruel words, I think. Are you sure about those plants you've been eating?

If I were you, I'd be nicer to those fellow travelers who espouse the same ideology as you - indeed, they published it years ago in almost exactly the same word-for-word treatment as your earlier post.

Personally, I love the Hare Krishna's. Their food is great (if too carby), their worship and artwork are colorful, and their devotion seems genuine. They are no more fruity than any other religion.

My point was, their viewpoint (and your arguments) come more from religious inspiration than scientific rigor.

1. Eating veggies means that you are cruel to plants. At least the animals can cry out and run away - plants suffer in silence. People who think of themselves as kind will still happily rip a defenseless carrot from the arms of its warm Mother Earth - or worse, pay for others to do it for them.

2. Eating plants means that you are harming the planet and its peoples. Agricultural land practices - plowing, fertilizing, and using pesticides - kill far more creatures than living off free-range grazing animals.

3. Eating meat is rational - indeed, recent studies show it IMPROVES brain function as well as improving physical health.

Despite these shortcomings, I really don't mind vegetarians at all - in fact, every person I can convert to vegetarianism means more meat is left for me!