View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 12:15

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default Looks like we have a lot in common

A clean week...Just what I need to strive for!

I ordered the Thin for Good book yesterday from our local bookstore. I've been toying with the idea of switching to TFG for a few weeks, after reading the reviews and needing a change. The book doesn't arrive until the end of next week.

But that shouldn't stop me from doing a clean week of Protein Power Introduction phase (similar to Atkins Induction but starting at 30 gr carbs) My biggest downfall is that I have a huge appetite and have always eaten larger than normal portions "for a girl" When I was weighing an measuring everything, things were going fine. But then I moved away from being precise to eyeballing portions, and over the last year my visual concept of a cup of something is more like 2 cups in reality. So a clean week for me would be by the book, weighing, measuring and recording.

It looks like we both struggle with finding ways to reward ourselves. I tend to reward myself every time I hit a new low, and of course then the side affects kick in.

Salads...yummy...I live off of them. I'm a vegetable lover too. A salad of some sort is usually lunch, and part of dinner. Like you I cook ahead and add any kind of meat to mine. At lunch it's usually canned tuna or cooked salmon fillet leftover from the previous night. Warm meat and grilled or lightly stir fried veggies are wonderful on top of ice cold salad greens.

So when do we start? Today? Tomorrow? Confession time...breakfast and lunch were very clean for me, but I just finished making 2 peach crumble pies and had a large slice. My excuse was that I had to see if they turned out ok...I baked them on the BBQ since we are still under electricity consumption limits here as a result of last Thursday's blackout. (and yes, they turned out just fine!)

If for some reason I don't check back in here later today or tomorrow, it's because we've been put on rotating blackouts. Things will be iffy here until Monday electricity wise. But I preplanned the grocery shopping to include legal meals that don't require electricity, so I should be able to make it through.

On the smoking bit..hubby and I were both off it for 3 months. He had to have an emergency angioplasty at Christmas to put a stent in to open a clogged artery. It scared the living daylights out of us. Unfortuanately I started up again after 3 months. He has 3 or 4 a day now from my packs. I'm down to the last 2 packs in the carton, and bought nicotine patches today while grocery shopping. Last time around I allowed myself to cheat while trying to deal with cravings. This time around I'm going to battle both cravings at once. If I'm going to go "clean" I might as well go "really clean" I am no longer going to be his cigarette supplier.

I'm glad you posted. This will be fun, and a good way to help each other find a new and better way through this. I'm looking forward to getting to know you, and working together to do this.