View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 11:08

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

I do more food preparation on this WOL but it is worth it. I was addicted to junk and now I am not. I don't miss the high carb junk. I am not a big meat eater so I eat more vegetables. I consume more carbs that some and my weight loss is very slow. It is OK with me. If I ever get bored with the food and want something high carb, I am committed to having it be quality, not junk. Whole grains, fruits, vegetables are OK even if the carb count is high--cookies, candy, ice cream, refined flour, white rice are not OK.

If you really need to increase your carbs, try a food plan that allows more carbs than Atkins does but be aware that all the LC plans say the only carbs that are acceptable are whole grains, fruits, vegetables, dairy without sugar, no refined sugar and flour.

Atkins food is real, normal food and the variety is truly endless. Atkins says to add more vegetables, fruit, nuts, etc as you progress on the plan. Some folks stay on induction level carbs for a long time but for many that is very difficult to do. We need the variety that a few more carbs per day allows.

Good luck to you whatever you decided to do. But please don't go back to all the junk that made you gain the weight in the first place.