#3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 09:46
Registered Member

Plan: Thin for Good/Atkins combo
Stats: 150/140.5/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi Angela

Thank you for your response. 23 pounds is a lot of weight, you've done very well. You obviously can stick to a plan when you set your mind to it. Basics, goals or clean???? For me I vote for clean without total paranoia. I just read in Thin 4 Good that we are responsible for what we do and what we want. Nothing new, but it says everything. I struggle with, "what a long day, I deserve to relax. Sharing one glass of wine with my DH won't hurt. " Never works, it always leads to food. I've got to cut the excuses and do things right or nothing will ever change. I do very well in the daytime, but I turn into this maniac at night. If I follow the plan the cravings cease after 3-4 days... but one day off plan starts it up again. (The day off is usually precipitated by a family gathering (6 daughters & spouses, one in college.. and they like to have fun) or a night out with friends. Seeeee EXCUSES! Enough is enough. My goal is to go one week totally on plan and see what happens. No excuses.

What do you think???

Still smoking?? Hope you don't mind, but my DH had a mild heart attack at 50yrs because of long term smoking. He has low blood pressure and low cholesterol (apparent minimal risk), but the scar tissue in his coronary arteries caused by the smoke caused a plaque build up. He stopped smoking and is doing very well now. Smoking is a bigger problem than weight, but mentally weight is a real killer. I know how frustrated you are. Maybe we can do this together.

Regarding cooking: Do you like salads with protein? I grill a bunch of chicken at one time to put cold on salads. Also keep frozen precooked shrimp in the freezer for a quick thaw. Always have organic hard boiled eggs on hand. We usually make extra of any meat for leftovers.

Connie