#15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 09:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYounginer
I know that most of you state that cheating is bad, but for me, I have to give myself some kind of freedom every once in a blue moon to remind myself that this is my way of life, not a diet.

You know, I just had to respond to this b/c it seems like contradictory thinking to me. If LC is truly your WOL and not a diet, then why would you need to 'cheat'? If you had chosen vegetarianism as your WOL, you wouldn't have meat now and then to prove to yourself that you were really a vegetarian, would you?

To me, making this a WOL, means that this is the way I eat now - PERIOD! I don't have the carby stuff once in a while as a 'treat' b/c, to me, it is NOT a treat. Is it a treat to make myself feel cranky, bloated, tired, bring back the old cravings and possibly knock myself off this way of eating for good? I think not.

I'm not trying to get on your back or say that you are wrong, b/c we all have to do what works for us as individuals and if having that stuff makes you stick with LC, more power to you. I just think that we have to get it out of our mindset that eating carby stuff is a 'reward' of some kind. It really isn't.