Thread: Xenical ???
View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-21-03, 08:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Ok, I appreciate everyone's comments, but I guess I need some more help. I've read the book and I thought I understood how low-carbing worked in my body, but maybe I'm wrong and, if so, could anyone correct me? Well, as far as I understood, when you deprive your body of carbs (its preferred fuel) it turns to fat for energy, right ? Fat is not as readily available as carbs and it takes the body a whole lot more energy just to USE the fat than it does to use carbs. Right? Now comes my doubt: doesn't the body use FIRST the fat from food and THEN the fat stored in our bodies? Wouldn't proof of that be the fact that my ketosis sticks turn extra purple right after I eat a meal with lots of fat? I mean, isn't that purple stick prove that my metabolism is processing all that fat I just ate? If so, I concluded that only after using ALL of the fat I ate my body would turn to my stored body fat, which is the fat that I really want burned, after all. Based on that I thought that maybe if I still followed my regular low-carb plan (around 20 gr. per day), but reduced by 1/3 the fat from food that my body has access to (which is what Xenical promises to do), then my body would be forced to turn to my own stored fat sooner and use it longer, since it still had no carbs to use and the fat from food would be reduced. I know you need fat in order to make a low-carb plan work, but I would still have 2/3 of the fat I eat left untouched, which I believe would make up for the omega fats and minerals I need... I would still be following the low-carb plan very strictly as I've being doing for the past two months (except for a reverse diet day to overcome a past stall), drinking all the water I've been drinking, exercising as often as possible (which I have to confess is not a lot with 3 year old twins and one 5 month old baby and a business to run)...Anyway, sorry for all the babbling and maybe I got this whole thing completely wrong, but I thank you all for you support and patience.