View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 22:59
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I picked up the BFL and Body RX books at the library today. I plan to buy it later if I do decide this is what I want to do. I'm trying to get my SO to do it with me and maybe even try for the couples category in the 12 week challange, but he's already squirming out. Geeze what a commitment phobe, he can't even put 12 weeks worth of comitment in

I havn't read through yet, but this looks like it may be extreamly good for me.

1. The workouts are less then an hour, at least on Cardio days. This means I can go to the gym after getting the kids to school, but before my classes. I can sleep in until 7:00 instead of 5:30 - 6:00 (yahhh!!!!)

2. The small meals throughout the day means I can have small snacks between certain classes instead of trying to scarf down a full lunch on my short break, or be starving in the class right before lunch.

3. I naturally eat lean protiens. Working out at this intensity will allow me to raise carbs comfortably and lower my fat. I think that will resemble more my natural eating patterns then the very low carb/high fat of induciton and early OWL.

4. I love to lift weights. I never know how many sets to do, or at what intensity. I also never knew what exercises I should do, so I would just do them all or what I felt like. My old gymtime was a couple hours. This lays everything out in the pyramid thing and will make it easy on me. I plan to use the pdf someone pointed out to really monitor my progress.

I know between the first few sets you are suposed to take a minute rest. So what do you do in that minute? Just shake out the muscles and change weights? I always felt silly in the gym standing by a machine twiddling my thumbs or walking in circles waiting for time between reps