View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 10:10
100% pork rind free

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 215/182.5/180 Female 5 ' 10 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I'm probably the 10th person to say this, but you definitely need to EAT MORE. Cabbage, cheese, and water is not the Atkins diet. Neither is a few prawns and a steak with little else. Eating enough of acceptable foods and making sure that you get your 20g of carbs from vegetables is the key to making this plan work. If you feel proud of yourself for starving you are headed down a dangerous path.

I know this seems counterintuitive. I spent the first week of induction worrying that I wasn't eating enough fat, because all the meat I had was lean poultry. Believe me, that's the first time in my entire life I've ever said (or thought!) "I don't think I've eaten enough fat today." Ha! But it works.

Please try it for another week, eating enough food at regular intervals. If you feel the same way after a week, maybe it's not the plan for you. But it's too early for you to dismiss it now, because based on what you wrote you haven't really been following Dr. Atkin's plan because you haven't been eating enough.