View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 10:02

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 189/160/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Default Lots of questions

I am new here and I have a lot of questions. I hope you all can help me.

Let me tell you what my diet is and to tell you the truth I made it up myself after having lots of trouble staying full on all other diets.
Here is a typical day:

Morning: I always have cereal: Shredded Wheat with Raisins (1/2 a standard soup bowl) with skim milk just to cover the cereal so probably a cup or so??

Mid Morning: I usually eat a fruit or two fruits depending on hunger either an orange, or an apple, or a banana, or a nectarine

Lunch: I usually make cooked food like cut up a chix breast and cook it with olive oil, onion, garlic and a vegetable like cabbage or green beans. I also cook three or four veges together with olive oil or coconut oil and eat a soup bowl of it. Also a fresh salad (cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, carrots with lemon juice and salt). three fourths of my lunch is the vegetables cooked and the salad and 1/4th of it is the cooked chix. I eat no rice or pasta. Sometimes I eat a small round whole wheat pita with my food.

between lunch and dinner: also fruit or a mix of almonds and raisins

dinner: Usually two boiled eggs with a whole wheat pita or tuna on the pita

I walk every other day 4 kilometers and I do stretching and leg exercises and stomach crunches the days that I do not walk.

This is the only diet that i have been able to stay on - I have been on it for four months and I truly don't consider it a diet but a life change.

But my question: Is this considered a lowcarb diet? Have I cut out all carbs? How do I know what all the carbs are so that I can stay away from them?

I have been reading the boards and you guys seem to know exactly how many carbs you are eating. How do you count carbs? Is it by serving or what?

I have actually been 160 pounds for about three weeks and have been unable to budge. Could I be eating too little? too much?

Let me tell you I don't know anything about counting calories and every time I try to educate myself on the subject by reading I feel so uninterested and so turned off to having to count calories that I don't want to educate myself about it. So I stop in my tracks. How important is counting calories?

Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored Links