View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 08:37

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

Get a small, spiral notebook and a pocket carb counter to keep with you. Write down what you eat and at least an approximation of the carb intake. Often, the visual reminder is enough to keep you on track.

When I am going on vacation, I pack a ziploc bag for each day with acceptable snacks such pork rinds, small beef sticks or jerkey are good, non-perishable items. Ask your hotel if there is a small refrigerator available to put in your room. Many hotels have these available (for diabetic guests who need to refrigerate insulin) and will put one in your room. Take (or find a grocery store there) cheese and veggies. Take some LC candy that you can turn to in case the cravings for a dessert get to much

Eating in restaurants is really not hard. Most places have salads these days. If you are going to a fancier restaurant, call 24 hours ahead and see if they can accommodate special dietary needs (I know that the Disney theme parks and hotels will do this with 24 hours notice, and can often accommodate at the last minute). LCing isnt that far off from a diabetic diet, and most restaurants should already be familiar with diabetic requirements.

The best thing is to keep focused on your goal. You've done amazing so far, just think to yourself "is this (insert food here) worth gaining 5 pounds."

And most of all, if you do "cheat," don't beat yourself up about it too hard. A lapse is not a relapse, so get back on your plan as quickly as possible.