Thread: New To the TDC
View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 18:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 305/260/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I really feel like this is an awesome place and I "belong".

Donald, I took yours and Monika's advice and looked through the recipe section and all I can say is holy smokes there are a lot of great ideas! I especially liked the idea I saw for using the Atkin's shake as creamer for coffee. I know I'm supposed to stay away from the big C, but with 2 little kids, who wake up before even the birds do, I need that extra jolt in morning to function. But the problem is, like I always tell my DH, I'm not a coffee drinker - I'm a creamer drinker - the coffee just adds a little flavor and caffeine. And so far, the cream and Splenda have just not been cutting it. So that's definitely an idea I'm going to try.

Monika - I totally know what you mean! I've only just recently found appreciation for a nicely done steak! I have no idea why, but up until a few months ago red meat totally had no appeal to me at all. I lived primarily on poultry, since I don't like seafood. But I had my first Prime Rib a few months ago and wow did that change my attitude!

Thanks so much for the welcome MisterE - I'm definitely taking notes!