#3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 17:01
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi there,

Not sure what kind of LC stuff you're looking for? I don't really use the specialty products, so can't tell you if they're any good or not. But I have seen a few things around:

Walmart - has Atkins and EAS bars, and EAS ready-to-drink low-carb protein shakes in cans. These are located in the pharmacy, with the Slim-Fast and other diet stuff.

Nutrition House - 2 locations ... Kingston Center and Cataraqui Town Center. They have many brands of low-carb protein powders .. SISU, Designer Whey, Interactive and Whey Gourmet, etc. I noticed the one at Kingston Center had a shelf with Atkins bars, some Atkins syrup and maybe a pancake mix. It looked overpriced, but that's just me

Loblaws Superstore - 2 locations ... Kingston Center and Midland Ave (near Cat. Center) Health food section has decent selection of protein powders, and I thought I saw Atkins bars. They have organic eggs, cheeses, nutritional oils and also carry some LC baking supplies such as vital wheat gluten and soy flour. They also have some unsweetened soy milks which are really low-carb ... SoNice and natur-a are both less than 2g net carbs per cup.

Tara Natural Foods - downtown, Princess St between King and Wellington - all kind of bulk foods, nuts, nut butters, vital wheat gluten, soy flour, organic foods, I noticed they have LC bread in the freezer case, but it's $6 a loaf They have organic chicken and local bison meat in the freezer case.

John's Deli - mid-town - Princess St between Chatham and Alfred - great European deli and butcher shop. Meat cut to order .. and terrific weekly specials. They grind the hamburger meat in front of you, so you can see what is .. and isn't .. in it Lots of imported cheeses, and they have a terrific selection of olive oils. You might want to check out the Abea x.virgin olive oil from Crete (Greece)

Mostly though, I just shop at either No Frills or Food Basics for great prices on meats, fresh produce, cheese, butter, eggs, tuna etc etc

hth,

Doreen