View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 15:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%

My 2 cents worth....

I guess I have a problem telling some one "it's not you it's the carbs". The reason being it's both. Until YOU admit to youself that YOU are going to control what goes into your mouth, you won't lose weight. Granted we have been given some bad information in the past, but willpower is and will always be the key to eating healthy.

I know several people who could use LCing as a WOL and thrive. If they ask and many do, I will tell them how I've been losing and how it works. What they do with the information is up to them. I don't want LCing to be my Amway where no one wants to talk to me any more. I won't preach.

I had a boss a number of years ago who "got healthy" doing the Pritikin Diet. Any one remember it? It was popular in the 80's. Dr Pritikin's plan was a high carb, low fat plan. He preached this so much we went from good friends to the point where I couldn't work for him any more.

So I guess my opinion is that when the light bulb comes on and they decide it's time to lose weight, they will seek you out. Until then I think your spitting into the wind.

Cheers!

BrewWa