#8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 13:38
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Unhappy I would hate it...

My honest opinion is that everyone has to find their own way.

I am extremely offended when someone comes up to me offers personal advise unasked for - whether they are proselytizing their religion or trying to refinance my mortgage. The nicest people will sometimes approach me at the grocers and say something like, ‘Dear, don’t you think you’d feel better if you lost a little weight? Maybe just put back that bacon and cream you’re buying?”

They mean well but they don’t have clue about my life and my choices.

You can’t judge a book by it’s cover. Maybe that mother and daughter you saw have already lost a great deal of weight and are finally feeling like they can get around again? Or they have a health problem that requires medication that cause huge gains that this WOE wouldn‘t help? The important thing is we don’t have a clue about their lives or their choices.

An assumption all of society seems to have is that the obese are stupid ... But don’t we know far more about dieting and nutrition than most people? Anyone with a TV, magazine subscription or radio will have heard that low carbohydrate diets are gaining popularity. We figured out this is the right solution for us, and probably without a strangers help.

The most powerful role model is one who leads by example.