Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 12:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/298/155 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCchickFL
Hi Jeanne, Welcome to the forum! The best way to stick with Atkins is to get rid of your carb cravings and the best way to do that is to get through Induction. I know the first few days can be difficult, especially if you are tempted by what others in your household are eating, but once you get those cravings out of your system, it'll be a whole lot easier.

I'd have to agree with this.

I too have a family that isn't on this plan, and they are big time carb addicts. I'm hoping by my example that they'll soon start controlling that on their own.

Anyway, I started my fifth week of induction and have lost 19 pounds, this is a big motivator.

But in the beginning yes it was a bit difficult. But honestly all I can say is follow the induction phase as closely as possible and you will not find yourself hungry at all.

Don't constantly eat, but eat when you do feel hunger. Just make sure they are low carb high protein snacks.

Every time I had a hunger pang in the beginning I would grab something like a hardboiled egg, dip it into ranch dressing and roll it around in bacon bits...LOL. And I still lost like 9 pounds the first week!.

I also noticed that my cravings went from wanting candies, ice cream, breads etc to constantly craving a big ol' juicy steak.

You can do it. And you can look at that potato and bread and know you don't want it when you've just had a delicious steak, or 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and cheese and 4 slices of bacon.

I went through a difficult time this last week for about 3-4 days until it was pointed out in another thread that I wasn't eating enough fat.

And they were right. I went back and started making sure I was getting plenty of fat in my diet and boom...the hunger pangs dropped again *for carbs that is* and I finally dropped out of the 305-308 range and am now 300-301.

You can do it. Just eat plenty that will keep you satisfied so you won't have those cravings.

Work on busting those carb cravings first and then worry about the weight loss last. Because with the first you will surely experience the last.

Good luck.