View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 04:01
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 326.5/279/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Welcome Jessica! You have found one of the most supportive and incredible places on the web... although we can't substitute for support at home - we will definately give you everything that we can here on-line. This woe works-- for some its slow and steady and for some the pounds just melt away but it works and it is the healthiest thing that you can do for yourself. Just remember in the beginning to get enough to eat and to make sure you keep drinking the water... I drink at least 3 liters of water per day and very rarely drink anything else-- water is one of the key ingredients here. After induction your food choices get a little easier and if its pizza the house wants I always take the toppings from my 3 year olds pieces let him have the crust and sauce which is all he wants and I get "Pizza" totally legal. I also have "mom" issues with the diet, etc... the best thing that I have found to combat those is letting the weight loss speak for itself, and if you could somehow get her to read the abundance of articles about the Atkins diet that have come out recently or even the book then she will see that this is completely safe for your heart and will be the life saver for you that it has been for me and literally hundreds of others on this board!

Best of luck to you Jessica... just remember to take care of yourself -- you and those wonderful kids deserve it!!!!

Patty