#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 14:54

Plan: Atkns/CT Weight&Wellness
Stats: 335/272.5/170 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:54/51/35
Progress: 38%
Default Hi I'm new, and I do need some support

Hi All,

I'm one of those folks who has hit the all time low. After seeing my wedding pics I was devistated by my looks. My new sister in law actually gave me the atkins book and said "you need to diet". Talk about insulting, but heck, shes right. She loves her brother and doesnt want him married to a mess like me!

I was always active, play sports, softball, volleyball, ski, and the lazy sports too like darts, billiards, etc. Ate what I wanted, was muscular and although I was never "skinny" I was always tone, solid and everyone always told me how great I looked.

I had leg/ankle/foot surgery about 3.5 years ago after suffering a multiple compound fracture in a softball tournament and since gained about 80 lbs. I can no longer do ANYTHING physical that has impact on my ankle, no running, no lunging, no jumping.....ARG!!!!!!!!!!!

I am soooooooooo depressed, I can barely stand myself.

I have always been the life of the party, the person at work people lived vicariously through ("hey I cant wait to hear what you did this past weekend") etc, but the last 6 months I have found myself becoming an introvert, invisible, miserable....

I'm successful, I have a great job, a beautiful house, a husband that loves me to death.... yet.....I cant STAND to be around me right now.

I have been on the induction for close to 3 weeks (on wed). I do feel a little better, like cravings have stopped, my pants dont feel as tight. I cant bear to even buy a scale...

I have never dieted before, so this is my first try. I'm usually successful in everything I really set my mind to, but I really feel like I need some support. It has been very comforting to read all the stories of success, and how happy people are. I want to be one of those people SO BADLY

Daily stuggles:
1. I am still addicted to caffein (I have cut down from 3 mugs coffee to 1 cup tea)
2. I am having bouts of diarreah of all things! (when others are complaining of constipation) I'm gonna go to the forum where you can lookup medical stuff and see what I can find.
3. Cooking for my new husband who is NOT dieting (dear god, how I made it through cooking potato salad, pasta/tuna salad, and baked beans.. I should get an award for that alone!)
4. Drinking alcohol. I'm a social drinker, and its difficult to go to parties and picnics and NOT have a drink. Friday nights are a huge problem for me, nearly all our friends go to a local club to drink and listen to music. The only times I have cheated were friday nights, and after 50 glasses of water, finally break down and have a shot or two of vodka. YIKES!

So I have cheated on what SHOULD BE AN EASY DIET, and now I feel like even a bigger loser! ARG!

With my two Friday night exceptions, I have done well, I think I just need some words of encouragement! I am dreading this Friday, but want to continue my normal life, and not "hole up" because I am overweight!

Thanks for listening everyone.
Sponsored Links