Thread: needing advise
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 08:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 334+/313/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress:

We have almost the exact situation as you! I am the mother, and my daughter is my LC partner. In a little over 3 weeks Induction, I have lost 15 inches, and she has lost 10 and we have no scale either!

We went to the Doctor's office and weighed ourselves 2 weeks ago, to get an idea of what we were starting at, even though we had already lost some inches. I have to admit, that it was a tiny bit disheartening to finally see a number for me, after feeling so great about losing inches, but it helped to put things into perspective. Also, now we know where we are heading from here. My daughter weighs less than me too!

We finally ordered a scale this week, as a birthday present to me, and we decided upon a Tanita. They make their scales, with some that will go as high as 440?? Or higher, and they come recommended from all the posts I have read about them. We got one that goes to 330, since things are dropping quickly now, and I can finally weigh myself at home soon.

We have also tried on some clothing we havent been able to wear, which now looks nice, and some smaller stuff, to see where we are going next. That and before and after pictures. I see people post theirs and they look remarkably different in just a short time, even 10-15 lbs can make a difference in a picture, when you can compare it to one when you are heavier. Also we put up a chart on the wall, so we can chart our success, seeing it helps, and we started to do exercise tapes together too

Its nice to know that there are others with so much in common There are a lot of other ways to motivate, but having a partner really helps.

Good luck to you both!

Robin