Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 21:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/137.5/113 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Thumbs up Outstanding answers thank you

Nat and Ladybelle,

Thank you both for your insights and your information! I wasn't shooting for high performance athlete just your average in shape not afraid to wear a bathing suit kind of person. I'll definately change focus to BF% rather than weight. Of course tracking that without a definitive means of measurement is tough. How do you guys feel about the scales that give bf% with electrical charges?

I guess I probably excercise more than the average over-weight person. It's just that untill I started lcing it didn't make any difference in my weight or my clothes.

Nat, I noticed in one of your postings on BFL that too much cardio can break down muscle. Is that just on a BFL regime or is that in general? Up untill recently I was doing the eliptical for 30 minutes on 8 for resistance at a fairly good clip then finishing my workout with a 20 minute run on the treadmill at a 12:30 minute mile (I'm fairly short so this is pretty fast for me). My calories run between 2500 to 3000 to compensate for the intensity of work out so I have a hard time thinking I'm in starvation.

Any thoughts on reworking my exercise plan. Most of my non-cardio is focused on abs (where I carry all my excess) and upper body. My legs are actully in good shape.

Thanks for your time

KRC