View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 11:35

Plan: Primal
Stats: 200/129/125 Female 163cm
BF:26
Progress: 95%

Correct me if I'm wrong but do not vegetarians cut out a 'food group' ie meat and fish from their diet but that is not considered to be strange, in fact some would say it is healthy (I'm not one of them I'm afraid) and vegans are even stricter. Why is it just carbs that are picked on? I am gladly cutting out my food group of sugar, white flour, allergy inducing wheat and rib sticking pasta. What nutrients are there exactly in these products that I can't get from my green veggies? Why will I suffer so if I don't eat them? The blurb always says I need my carbs for energy, but I have plenty of energy from my body fat being burned up. Someone in an article even said that the human body wasn't designed to run on body fat and needed carbs because that was the natural way. Well pardon me but I thought that refined sugar, refined flour, pasta and wheat products were all a fairly modern invention and the more natural way we choose to eat when low carbing dates back from the dawn of man. Somebody has got their wires crossed. If it's me, somebody help me get untangled please.