View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 14:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 425/322/240 Female 68 inches
BF:Lots
Progress: 56%

Hi Big Dawg,

I read your post with interest and found myself thinking, he must be a man. Sure enough, when I checked out your profile, I was right. I think that when it comes to weight loss and 'dieting' (hate to use the word, but there it is), men have a distinct advantage over women. They generally lose quicker and can get away with more in the way of off plan events.

So, while I'm sure your way works for you, and I'm happy for you, it probably will not work for the majority of women. I have been hosting and/or a member of weight loss groups of women who have over 100# to lose for about 6 yrs. now (off and on - LC only for the last 10 months), so I've seen the experience of hundreds of women. Very few of them can get away with a long term cheating strategy. They might get away with it a few times, but before long most of them are back where they started or worse.

I wish you all the luck in the world in getting to your goal. Your way seems to work FOR YOU, so I wouldn't change a thing or tell you you are doing it 'wrong'. As they say 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'!!!