View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 05:49
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

OK...don't panic. This problem, or the "other" problem (where you can't stop going!) are very common any time someone makes a radical shift in their diet. Part of it is the new regime, and part of it might just be a shock to the body.

I was one of those who couldn't stay off the loo during the first two weeks, but eventually that settled down. Thankfully. If I were in your position, though, I would drink tons of water along with a cup or two of very strong coffee, in order to provide, um, stimulation. I know coffee isn't on the Atkins list, but think of it as medicinal purposes. If that didn't work I might try a herbal laxative tomorrow, and if that didn't work I might break down and see the GP to get a proper suppository (although in this country I might not tell him/her that I was doing Atkins).

It will pass, you just need to find some way to get over this hump, as it were. And afterwards, make absolutely sure you're getting at least the recommended amounts of salad and veggies per day. It will help.

All the best with it~

Emily