View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 05:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 192/165/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:Shrinking
Progress: 52%

JawgaBoy,

I've been using metamucil w/ aspertame... used it since 1995 and kept using it even though Dr. A advises not to. I have tried these psillium husk versions in health food stores and they are just too nasty...

Some people stall using aspertame, some don't. Some people stall drinking coffee, some don't. It's all very individual.

Have you tried introducing ground flax seed into your meals? It's loaded w/ fiber and tastes like crushed walnuts. There's some great recipes on this board. Taking magnesium supplements and flax oil also helps move things along, too. What kind of veggies are you eating? You can have 2 cups of romaine lettuce during induction, and 1 cup of another vegie. My favorites that are loaded w/ fiber are brussels sprouts, broccoli and snow peas.

How much water are you drinking, and are you exercising? Exercising and drinking lots of water also helps keep things moving.

When all else fails, you can eat some sugar-free chocolate or ice cream... (which is an induction no-no) just don't be too far from the bathroom when you do...