View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 09:50

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 376/364/150
BF:
Progress:
Talking Started Aug 1, 2001 and down 13 pounds!

Hi everyone, I am new to this so I hope I am posting this the right way.

I started a low-carb diet on August 1, 2001 and at that time I weighed 376 pounds. I just weighed myself today (10 days later) and I cannot believe my eyes, I have already lost 13 pounds! You have to understand that I have been very overweight my whole life and I have tried just about every diet, diet pill and plan on the market. I have never been able to stick to any diet and if I do manage to stick it out for a week or so, I only lose a few pounds and then gain them right back again. I have the strongest appetite and cravings known to man (at least in my opinion.)

For the first time in my life I feel like I have control over my appetite! I decided to try the low-carb diet as a last ditch effort before resorting to gastric bypass surgery to lose weight. I figured since everyone says you can eat as much of the allowed foods as you want and still lose weight, that I would at least be able to satisfy my strong appetite and see what happens. The strangest thing is that after the first couple of days, I was no longer hungry! I didn't have to eat a lot to feel full. As a matter of fact, my husband had to remind me 2 days in a row that I forgot to eat lunch and dinner! This has never happened to me in my life. I swear it is almost like the diet is the strongest appetite suppressant in the world LOL.

I really think this is the answers to my prayers. y best friend lost over 250 pounds on the Atkin's diet so I know for a fact that it does work, I just was not sure if it would work for me or not and now I see that it does work. I am SOOOOOO excited right now. I am determined now more than ever in my life to lose the weight and I will be here every day to get encouraged and to encourage others.

If anyone out there has any tips for me, I would really appreciate them. I am eating about 20 grams of carbs a day and drinking a gallon of water a day. Getting a little bored with all of the chicken and hamburgers but I can live with it :-)

By the way, I have attached my picture so everyone can see my before look. I hope it works because I am not familiar with using this system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ramona.jpg (11.3 KB, 39 views)
Sponsored Links