#8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 18:45
Registered Member

Plan: Redbook Magazine
Stats: 166/144/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 85%

Dear ShelleyF34,

I do wholeheartedly agree with you about the processed and refined foods and its relationship to our health, though not necessarily obesity. (I don't see all obesity as unhealthy.) What makes things worst now is we are playing with the genetics of all foods--including domesticated animals we use for a food source. I often wonder if the antibiotics we inject in them to keep them healthy affects our latest immunity to antibiotics -- I'm no scientist so I can only guess.

Regarding the fact of man being essentially a meat-eater and sometimes a grain eater--does the fact that carbs get stored as fat and protein doesn't lend itself to the fact that early man may have been primarily a grain eater? See my previous post regarding the necessity of man sans a refrigerator (LOL) to store fat to survive the winter.

Somewhere I read that if we starved ourselves on say 400 g of calories that we could eventually maintain our weight on that small amount of calories. Our bodies are miracles!

What we are now fighting is opinion (ads featuring skinny models) and sometimes greed. Why do you think airplanes seats are so small? They want to fit as many people in the airplane as possible. I'm not that big and I am very uncomfortable in today's airplane seats.

Thanks for your post.

Jeanne48