View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 18:24
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Looking at the menu, you aren't in induction, right? You might try cutting out the sweet htings, that can cause cravings. Also I would be careful on the cream. For me I would be full and have a little whipped cream with some splenda for a treat. After eating it I would suddenly want more or something else to eat. I had to cut out cream and most other dairy.

What would work for me when I would get really hungry and couldn't get full I would have some mixed broccoli and cauliflower heated with some shreaded cheese on top. I'm not sure if it was the fiber or what, but it would quiet my hunger.

Jello if it contains aperteme could also be a trigger. I would cut out the cream, sf chocolate, cream, grapes (higher glycemic), and the nuts and nut butters. What you are eating is actually a premaintanance or maintanance menu, not OWL. There are probably alot more then 23 carbs there as well. The cream has carbs in it, as does the peanut butter and pecons.

Breakfast
2 eggs and 2 strips bacon (count at least 2 carbs depending on if the bacon is carb free, most is not)
Decaf with cream (1 carb for the coffee, 1 for the cream)
Whole milk yogurt (At least 12 carbs depending on the brand)
2 hb eggs/ mayo (3 carbs)
3 pepperoni sticks (maybe 1 carb, high sodium)
1/2 oz pecans (.5 carb)
1 Tbsp peanut butter (3g)
3 grapes (3g)
1/2 cup cream (3.5g)

I get at least 29 net carbs, and that's without the mac and cheese. Even if it's not TOM related, cut out the known triggers and sweets. You might want to try a few days of induction, or just try eating more low carb higher protien/fat foods through the day to fill you up.