View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 16:35

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

How long have you been doing atkins? I think that you are probably like me and you are a true carb/sugar addict. I am a compulsive overeater and a massive food addict. I know that much about myself. I am highly sensitive. If I eat certain foods that seem to be safe and I notice the cravings start back up I have to go back and look and usually sugar is listed as one of the first 4 ingredients. I can tell from your list of foods that I would have several problems if I ate them. For example, chocolate is a trigger food for me, diet or not, doesn't matter. If I eat it, I binge on it. You mentioned cream (gotta be really careful with that too)...Also the pepperoni sticks and bacon...check the brand and see if there is sugar in it. I got all screwed up with some turkey bacon b/c it had sugar in it and had to change brands. Same with some blue cheese salad dressing. It had sugar in it so I had to switch. I have to be sooooo strict. I cannot eat any trigger foods.I have to keep it to the totally safe foods and make absolutely positive I"m not eating things where sugar is one of the top 4 ingredients. You have to break the craving cycle. You CAN break it but you have to be willing to listen to your body and swear off the foods that cause your cravings. Trust me, that alone was like attending a funeral for me. I got so much out of a brownie that I would have married it and lived happily ever after if I could have. I had to go through a grieving process when I realized that I could never have those trigger foods again...unless I want to go back through a craving cycle and I don't. This is just my 2 cents and what works for me though...I find that some of us are more addicted to some things than others...lucky me I am very addicted so I have to stay away but once the cravings cease and you feel better you just don't care about those things and even if I do have a moment where I want it I treat it like poison. I associate it with all the pain and misery that I can. I never want to go back to that craving again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froufie
...in fact I feel full, but feel compelled to eat.....I am trying desperately to stay out of the kitchen as everytime I am in there I feel the urge to eat something.

Several possible explanations:
-PMS week, TOM looming?
-power outage stress
-boredom from being at home?

So far today I have eaten (brace yourselves!)
2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, decaf w/cream
whole milk plain yogurt w/sf chocolate sauce
2 hb eggs w/mayo & celery
sliced cucumbers
3 pepperoni sticks
1 diet jello cup
1/2 oz pecans
1 tbsp peanut butter
3 grapes
1 spoonful leftover mac & cheese
chocolate mousse (1/2 cup whipping cream w/2 packets splenda, some vanilla and sf chocolate sauce)

Basic math indicates I am already up to about 23 carbs and no dinner yet? Dare I eat. I actually feel full now..and am guzzling more water.

What is going on? I am generally doing so well, yet I feel "possessed"....very weird

Help!

Froufie