Thread: Exercise?
View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-10-01, 01:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

About fitting exercise into a full day- I totally understand the problem as it is also my problem. I get up half an hour earlier now I am low carbing -6.30 am- in order to cook a proper breakfast for me and my husband. So getting up any earlier is out of the question!Then I get home at 5.30 or 6pm and cook dinner, feed the cat, relax, read this site, answer mail etc. Go to bed at about 10.00pm. I can not see how I can get any aerobic type exercise in on weekdays although I do go for a walk on the beach on Saturday and Sunday.
The only thing I think I could manage is to take a walk in my lunch break. I have to say honestly I haven't started doing this yet- but I am planning to take some sneakers and go out at lunch time and walk for 30 minutes- with my walkman for company as I find walking rather boring. I am lucky that there are hills all around where I work so I can get get in a good up-hill walk if I set my mind to it. So- could you manage to walk in your lunch break too?
PS I did go to the gymn for 2 years and it did make me feel better, more energised (though it didnt make me any slimmer in fact I put weight on and no it wasn't muscle!)-but I went before work and I just haven't got time now.