View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 07:10

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hang in there. You have to get through the first 2 weeks pure to get over the cravings. I can speak from only personal experience but I will tell you that if you keep the carbs under 20 you will be relieved of these cravings in 2 weeks and you may have to remind yourself to eat. This from a person who is very obese and a compulsive overeater and I can tell you that I am amazed at what this has done for me BUT if I eat anything that is a dangerous carb or anything with too much sugar, the cravings return. The difference is that I now know they will dissappear in about 2 to 3 days. The regular coke that you drank has like over 30 carbs in it all by itself. Regular soft drinks are killer for carbohydrates. Switch to diet. The coke probably spiked your blood sugar back up and now you have to let it settle. If you can fight the cravings for a week or so you will find relief. The difference is that in the past we were fighting cravings the entire time we were on a diet b/c we kept putting the dangerous carbs in our body without knowing it...now we know what does it. Just get through 2 weeks pure and you will be ok.