View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 16:09

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Same exact thing happened to me on Atkins. It was arachidonic acid, found in fatty meat and highest in egg yolks - I read about it in Protein Power. I had to cut out all fatty meats and eggs for a while (bacon and eggs together REALLY caused a big problem). I also take 1000 mg fish oil 2x per day (pill form) and 1300 mg of evening primrose oil 2x per day. These things cut down the inflammatory response. This rash will come back and get much worse if you don't modify your diet - it got crazy bad on me - went to my back, legs, arms, chest, abdomen, neck, and a couple of areas started coming up on my face!!

I also recommend some sun BUT NOT TOO MUCH - that will make things much worse! Even a few minutes in a tanning bed helped my condition. I went in for the free week. The first day that I went for 3 minutes actually helped. They moved me up to 5 minutes (I'm very fair) and burned the heck out of me - I had no idea what I was doing. So, I'm just saying be cautious. THat was the last time I went. After that I stuck with the local pool and SPF 45!

Stick to very lean meats for a while and you should get better. Fish and white meat chicken/turkey is good, so is ground buffalo - it is VERY lean, if you MUSt have a hamburger.

I attached an image I found on the internet. Mine never got THAT bad, thank goodness, but these pics made me want it to stop quick!

Best of luck!
Jinx

PS I never found that any creams worked - and I had a prescription form of cortisone. Also, hot showers make it worse.

PPS - this isn't REALLy an allergy. I can eat things with eggs in them, I just can't eat lots of eggs every day. Or fatty meat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg images.jpeg (2.7 KB, 42 views)