View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 14:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/229/172 Male 5'11"
BF: Yes-VERY! %-)
Progress: 53%

Fluids are MAX important on this WOE...I'm not convinced that they all have to be in the form of water (for me), but they do have to be available for the body to flush the noxious wastes from burning fat. You can get a bunch of very nasty body reactions to prolonged dehydration, including kidney stones, messed up blood chemistry and skin eruptions (I've been told).

I haven't tested this for myself...with good reason: when I get even a little dehydrated I tend to "swoon" like a Southern Belle! (Actually, I've been compared to a "pole-axed steer", but I've never seen one of those!)

So, if I were you, I'd make an extra-special effort to always have a glass/can/bottle of non-sugared fluid in my hand for the next few days. Then, if my skin cleared up, I'd cautiously try adding back one of the dietary elements (just beef, maybe), while keeping my body's fluid reserves well-stocked. If I didn't see any problems developing, I'd probably try adding eggs back in a week later. Any sign of skin problems though, and I'd immediately discontinue what I last added in, and put down a ton of fluids to flush the offending "yerch" out of my system.