View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 10:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Talking

What a GREAT thread! I've been thru all of the above too-it is especially annoying when people--even my own family--simply refuse to understand that fruits and veggies do indeed have carbs in them. They flat out don't comprehend this!!!

And as for "just have a little"--WELL, my DH tried that one, and I very politely asked him if he likes how I look now. He said yes... I said "so, let me decide what and how much to eat!" End of that one!

In restaurants, my DH used to explain, when I asked for extra vegs, hold the rice or whatever "she's on one of those WEIRD diets!" Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer, and explained the whole program to him - again - in excruciating detail. No more trouble from him, anyway...

I'm 52 with 3 grown daughters, and they are another story. The oldest, who is living with us temporarily, thinks it's a bit un=natural and that i won't stay on it. The middle one, who lives in a nearby town with hubby and kids, thinks it's fine, and tries to accommodate me in any way she can. The youngest just figures it's my business, anyway, and compliments me on my new look!

I find that wait staff in restaurants have heard it all before, and mostly do not care. They just want to get the order correct and collect their tip! I am ever hopeful that, as more & more people go on Atkins, and more low-carb foods are introduced, that people in general WILL get the idea!!!