View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 09:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/152/125 Female 65
BF:???
Progress: -8%

I just needed a mental break, and I was experimenting with higher carbs... I am going to try for 20-40 a day now. Over the weekend I strayed from LC and so yesterday I was just trying to come back down gradually. If I have a high carb day followed by induction level carbs, I get pretty sick feeling. Also, I go back to school in a week and I will be swimming about 15-20 hours a week, for which i know I need more than 20g carbs. I am planning on looking for good fruits, those with the right glycemic index, I might look to some other low carb plans to figure out which is the best way to add them in. I haven't lost many inches, but i do bloat a lot less eating low carb, and i really just FEEL thinner if that is ridiculous? Again, I am quite far from perfect on this plan, i DO drink occasionally and if I see somthing worth cheating for, I might just do it. But then again, I am heavy, but not to the point where it is physically affecting my health. I just know that when I am out of college and no longer swimming all the time that I need a good way to keep my weight under control. I also have a paranoia about high fructose corn syrup (read Fat America or Fat Nation or whatever that book is) and also about white flour so this WOE fits my personal beliefs.

I guess I try and do cardio about 5 times a week. I think its really important to have one day of "rest" but, also, these are the days i will go on a bike ride with my boyfriend, walk the dog, play frisbee, go to the batting cages, basically i'm still MOVING but i am having my "free day". I have a friend who eats JUNK, but eats less then 1200 cals a day, she has lost 15 lbs. by just adding one hour of brisk walking (4.1 mph) SEVEN mornings a week, and not eating after nine pm. she has a horrible metabolism after eating such low cals for so long, but this additional cardio just did the trick for her. I would prefer to do 20 min's high intensity and then 20 min. just with the machine on a manual setting to increase my endurance. But then, that fits my needs as an athlete and may not be the most efficient way to lose weight or burn cals. I Just figure if I am not dripping in sweat, Im not doing enough. My goal is to NOT be able to hold a conversation!!!

Also, Im from Indiana FYI u?