View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 07:03

Plan: atkins-modified
Stats: 228/185/154 Female 172cm
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default You can low carb , even in Italy!

Back at work, I just wanted to share my good news.
I have just returned from 8 days in Italy, where I managed to lose 2lbs, despite wine. I found this really encouraging. I did not expect it to be so easy.
My daughter said I would starve as 'Italy is land of gorgeous carbohydrate! which it is of course. However, I managed by having a hunk of parmesan in my bag for when I was hungry, and then going for baked vegs with cheese and fish with salads for my dinner. They were gorgous too, and full of olive oil and garlic. As it was so hot I drank litres and litres of water everyday and walked miles through hot streets looking at art and architecture.
Only time I went 'off plan' slightly was when my DH had gelato. I was allowed to help chose the flavour and then had a taste. Actually it was very easy to stop at a taste. This was partly because it was so fantastic, it met my need for sweet and rich. I often find you need to eat loads of mediocre food where a small bit of super-nice food will satisfy.

Incidently, I saw the SUN had Atkins articles, but couldn't bring myself to buy the rag, thinking it would all be 'Ain't it awful!' but was v interested in all the contributions made by people from here. I wish I had now..
Sponsored Links