View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-03, 06:50
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I am totally against a 10 day fast with a concoction you would drink for "vitamins".

There are other options listed in the tips and stall forums.

Here are a few:

Fat Fast

Meat Fast

Egg Fast

The Stillman diet (lean protein)

and the rotation diet which you can find at the very oldest of posts of Countdown, Buddies and Challanges in group journals.

One should be careful with excessive, extreme measures. One day may be enough to jump start the program, 3-5 days should be the maximum, except for the rotation diet which was a 4 week program (I think I only got through 2 weeks of it both times I tried it.)

For cleasing, some people like the Fat Flush Plan which may do some cleansing. I haven't read it myself.

How badly have you mistreated your body that you need to detox for 10 days? Have you been ingesting a lot of chemicals? Do you work in a toxic environment? Very few people do. Our bodies liver and other organs were designed to cleanse our blood and filter out everyday minor toxins.

Fasting can become addictive. It's called anorexia. There is an excellent book about the history of anorexia called "Fasting Girls". From saints and mystics, to 19th century spiritualists to present day people strange how people in a land of plenty, who never need fear starvation feel the need to starve themselves.

As that guy used to say "That's our opinion, we welcome yours."

Beth