View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 22:00

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

I am new to this site and was so glad to see this issue discussed. I get up at 6 am and if I don't take a nap around 2 pm I can't function by 5. Dinner goes on the table at 6 so I am in the kitchen from about 4:30 until 8 pm and I end up drinking diet Coke just to keep going. (Please do not panic - my laptop is on the bar and I spend time on it while I am cooking! And I make my H's lunch for work the next day during this time as well. ) We have a dear pet who is failing and must be taken out at 11 pm or messes herself and gets upset, and since H has to get up at 5:54 for work, I do it, so it makes for too long a day for me without the nap. It has been a real adjustment to be spending so much time in the kitchen in the evening when I am tired, preparing, cooking and cleaning up from meals - haven't done this since the early 80's and all of a sudden you could buy so many convenience foods off the shelf!

Anyway, I am glad to see it isn't just me with the fatigue factor - I had energy issues before I started WOL and frankly, I feel so much better overall, it isn't something that makes me question low-carb. The fuzzyheadedness I have lived with for so long is gone and that is a blessing in itself. I exercise 6 days a week and hope that over a period of time I will be able to make it through the day without the nap. (Although my doc said "Why - is it bothing anyone or keeping you from doing something you need to be doing?")

Thanks for the information and I intend to keep watching these posts.