Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 21:23
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/146/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%
Unhappy

Quote:
Avoid Coffee, Beer, Sunflower Seeds, Red Clover Tea, Camomille Tea. Avoid Sunflower seeds, Pomegranate, Licorice, Red Clover, Yucca, Hops (Beer) and Motherwort, Bloodroot, Ocotillo, Mandrake, Oregano, Damiana, Pennyroyal, Verbenna, Nutmeg, Tumeric, Yucca, Thyme, Calamus rt., Red Clover, Goldenseal, Licorice, Mistletoe, Cumin, Fennel, Camomille, Cloves, Queen Anne's lace (wild carrot), Fennel, Alfalfa Sprouts

The list of things to avoid contains things I use daily or with some regularity. Cumin, for instance, is widely used in certain world cuisines, as is oregano... I've read articles or passages about phytoestrogens from time to time and the research is worth keeping an eye on but I don't know how I feel about them in regard to my own diet yet. I consume decent amounts of both coffee and sunflower seeds but would a sprinkle of oregano in sauce a couple times a week be dangerous? If I had a strong family history of cancer I'd probably work to avoid them more strenuously. Or, if I were younger and looking to start a family, likewise. It's a tough call.....

I already avoid meat from animals fed antibiotics and hormones and now will stop heating food in plastic, and consider changing my detergents and lotions based on the article so thanks (as usual!), Nat.