View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-03, 10:47

Plan: Healthy Eating
Stats: 200/193/170 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 23%

The same thing happened to me the other day while on a weekend getaway.

Went to a restaurant (bar) and ordered hot wings for lunch. Mmmmmm they smelled good (and I had eaten them there before).....I take one bite and said, "these have sugar or honey in them". My hubby says uh oh.

So I gave him one and he said definitely something sweet to it. And he's not even low carbing.

So I ask the waitress--is there sugar or honey in these? She says no-it's just the bottled Franks Hot Sauce. She asked if they tasted funny---I said just sweet.

I had ordered a salad and wings, so I continued eating them even though I knew darn well they were sweetened somehow. I guess I could have stopped, but I took her word for it. You would have thought she could have gone and asked the cook for me.

I ate them, enjoyed them (actually not as much as before) and didn't gain anything from them. WHEW! Plus I didn't get any cravings---maybe they really weren't sweetened??

I'm glad though that I'm not the only one in the world that is constantly getting screwed either at restaurants or stores. Sometimes it gets really pathetic and you have to be a b*tch about getting what you want.

We are being poisoned when we aren't even trying!!!

"T"